Like alcoholism or substance abuse, addiction to gambling is destructive, making not only the addict unhappy, but also affecting all the people who care about him/her.
As with other addictions, gambling involves obsessive and compulsive behaviour. Problem gamblers take risks which they cannot afford to take both in financial terms and in the emotional cost. Ultimately, the behaviour of the addict destroys everything they care about.
At the Haynes Clinic we have successfully treated many problem gamblers and also have people in recovery from gambling addiction amongst our staff. We understand the addiction and its effects on family members from our experience, not just from professional qualifications.
Gambling addicts are taken through a personalised programme which includes 12 step treatment and attending Gamblers’ Anonymous.
Gambling Addiction Treatment at the Haynes Clinic
The Haynes Clinic can offer you a way out of your gambling addiction. You don’t need to suffer in silence anymore. There is hope. You can live a life not controlled around gambling a happy, fulfilled life. We would recommend a minimum of 28 days treatment which includes:
- Free Assessment – You can book a free assessment and come and look around our clinic without any obligations. Have a discussion with one of our addiction specialists, discuss the treatment program, any concerns that you have and learn about what you can gain from treatment at our clinic. To book a free assessment click here.
- Doctors Consultation – You will have a consultation with our psychiatrist who will gather information on your medical, psychiatric and gambling addiction history.
- Collection – If you need picking up we can collect you from your address for a small fee.
- Counselling – You will have specialist addiction and CBT groups and one-to-one counselling sessions. These will get behind the root cause of what you are trying to avoid with your food addiction and learn to live life on life’s terms, without the need to obsess about food.
- 12 Step Program – We will provide an introduction to the 12 Step Program and teach you the tools to live life free from food addiction.
- GA (Gambling Anonymous)– You will attend external GA meetings, which will complement the 12-step program introduction. We advise that you attend these meetings when you leave rehabilitation to continue your recovery journey.
- Workshops – Group workshops tailored to our current clients such as: Anger Management, Resentments, Managing Emotions, Co-dependency, Understanding the neuroscience behind addiction, Step workshops and many more.
- Meditation, Yoga, Acupuncture and Massages – Learning to calm the mind and focus on mindfulness in recovery.
- Aftercare – We are here to support all our clients once they return home. We offer a free day’s counselling every Friday for up to a year after you leave us and completed a 28 day treatment programme. You can get all the support you need and meet up with the friends you make when in treatment.
For free confidential advice call us on 01462 851414